The Phoenix

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Unicorn Sighting in Toronto

And I thought Sasquatch was the only Cryptoid to be living up in Canada!

Local birdwatcher Peter Hickey-Jones of Toronto was in the Don Valley wetland area shooting footage of birds. As he was filming, something caught his eye and he captured what looks to be a beautiful white horse with a single horn on its head!

“I was trying to film a pileated woodpecker when I saw what looked like a bright white horse in the distance. When I got a little closer, I noticed the horn on its head. I’m not one to jump to conclusions but I’m certain beyond the shadow of a doubt that what I saw was a unicorn. I’m just glad I got it on film," said Hickey-Jones.

He brought his footage to the Ontario Science Centre for evaluation, and they are closely examining the video to see if it's a fake or maybe legit filming of a real-life unicorn.

Meanwhile, the Science Centre is treating this very seriously and warns people to be very careful if they encounter a unicorn in the area. They warn citizens to not make any sudden movements, use flash photography, or attempt to subdue the creature in order to hack the horn - known to be very magical and can make you immortal.

Here's the video footage:





The Science Centre has also created a unicorn hotline: 416-696-3260. And no, I'm not making that up either.

I actually photographed a unicorn at Mardi Gras several years ago:






If you see THIS unicorn, please exercise extreme caution!

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Phats said...

haha I like your unicorn that's great!

10/14/2010 2:52 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Thanks for the warning, and you might want to tell people that they should avoid playing leap frog with the unicorn as well.

10/14/2010 10:56 PM  
Blogger the weirdgirl said...

Isn't that just a clip from Legend?

10/15/2010 9:30 AM  
Blogger cube said...

The Science Center must be populated by non-scientists. That film is a very obvious fake. Everyone knows real unicorns aren't white ;-)

10/15/2010 1:07 PM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

And there's no rainbow present, so it can't be real.

10/15/2010 3:17 PM  
Blogger cube said...

Phoenix, I couldn't comment on your most recent post, but please know that you are in my thoughts and in my prayers.

10/19/2010 3:04 PM  
Blogger delmer said...

You'd certainly not want to try to hack off the horn on the Unicorn you shot... magical or not.

Like Cube, you'll be in my thoughts as you receive treatment for your tumor.

10/22/2010 2:35 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

Unicorns in Toronto? Clearly it's a fake.

Everyone knows unicorns are in the Okanagan.

10/24/2010 6:23 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

And good freakin' god on the tumor. Wishing you all the best.

10/24/2010 6:24 PM  
Blogger the weirdgirl said...

I'm so sorry about the tumor. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

10/27/2010 1:33 PM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Cripes! I've got my fingers crossed for you considering the tumor. The last time I got my hair cut my hair dresser discovered a mysterious black spot on my scalp. I made an appointment to get it checked out, but I'll be collecting social security before that date gets here. You would think that, with the possibility that someone might have skin cancer growing on their scalp, they would try to get you right in. LOL

10/31/2010 1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page