The Phoenix

Monday, October 04, 2010

Thank You, Brain Hemorrhage

As we all know, a brain hemorrhage (bleeding in the brain) is usually deadly. Most cases of this deadly condition is a result of a massive stroke. Sometimes, head trauma is to blame.
Sometimes, something so deadly ends up being a blessing in disguise. Such is the case with 44 Ken Merryweather.

Ken was an abusive drunkard, spending most nights at the local pub before coming home and raising hell. His girlfriend, Tracey, couldn't stand it. She withstood the abuse, but had refused to marry him....until he survived a brain hemorrhage.

"There was no way I would've married him before but he has totally gone the other way,"said Tracey, who finally did agree to marry the new-and-improved Ken.

Since recovering, Ken has gone from wild drunkard to perfect gentleman. He's even taken up cross-stitching!

Ken admitted, "I used to be so verbally abusive - especially after a few pints. When I used to work I used to go straight to the pub and not get in until 2-3am in the morning. There are things I can't do now but there are other things I can - I can cross-stitch and I do an awful lot of sewing and cooking."

There are many cases of such rare cases where people have undergone complete personality changes after brain trauma. I even did a post way back in 2007 about a Czech motorcyclist that spoke perfect English after an accident.

It's a disaster-turned-miracle for sure, I just hope this doesn't give angry wives yet another reason to want to bash their unruly husbands in the head.


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Perplexio said...

The Museum of Natural History wants their Neanderthal Man back... No offense to Mr. Merryweather but that pic of him is not really flattering.

10/04/2010 1:00 PM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

Perplexio: Ha! Good one. Hey, at least he still has all his teeth. They're brown, but they're still teeth.

10/04/2010 2:55 PM  
Blogger Big Pissy said...

I WAS going to make a comment about his sewing skills, but now I'm distracted by his teeth!

ACK!!! :(

10/07/2010 6:49 PM  
Blogger Mr. Shife said...

Wow. Pretty interesting story. Traded the sauce for stitching. It is too bad they could not have done some work on his chiclets while he was out with the brain hemorrhage.

10/07/2010 10:16 PM  
Blogger delmer said...

I was thinking, the other day, of a friend of mine. His father is one of those build-an-antigovernment-compound-in-the-woods types. He's the youngest and his next-older brother is 10 years his senior. His brothers have told him that the father he knows is not the one they had growing up. The dad was all laid back and 'normal' up until he had a head injury.

10/09/2010 5:27 PM  
Blogger Phats said...

Wow this is a crazy story! and interesting.

What happened to the Rams today!? I am going to start picking them for ya next week. But I think you should have to be a guest picker one week :)

10/10/2010 3:50 PM  
Blogger the weirdgirl said...

Hmm, from drunk to seamstress. Doyou think he does couture? Like us housewives needed another reason for brain bashing.

10/11/2010 11:55 AM  
Blogger cube said...

Fascinating. The functioning of the brain still eludes modern science. There is much to learn about its workings.

10/11/2010 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, nice to see it is working out for SOMEONE out there! For ME, it has gone the OTHER way..... I had a cerebral haemorrhage in 2002 after being diagnosed with an AVM. I had GAMMA KNIFE radiosurgery. I was scrambled. I STARTED drinking heavily because I was convinced I was going to die and got in a 'situation' whereby I had to have a craniotomy to have a clot removed from by brain. Then I fractured my skull in a bike crash. Robbed of my sense of taste and smell for 2 years as a result. I have now turned into a moaning depressive recluse that just wants to die. I should not have survived the FIRST 'event' and it now feels like I'm in 'Final destination' where death is lurking round every corner and somehow I'm cheating fate!! I just wish it would hurry up and usher me off this stage of 'life'. I should have died first time round. I used to have a life. Now I'm left with a 24hr headache, 24hr ringing in my ears. 24hr depression and all I want to do is die. I can never 'top myself' but as days go by, my susceptability to this seems to be increasing. The real annoying thing is, when was diagnosed with the AVM, (which caused the first bleed), I was totally unaware what had happened until I 'came out it' and there seemed to be some justice in respect that, if you are going to die from one of these, believe ME, YOU are going to be the LAST person to know!! Now I'm tormented by my fkn brain and I hate it. Life is crap and is over-rated. So, if you can turn around whatever life you had before something like this and be a BETTER person as a result, you have my SERIOUS RESPECT and commendations. I wish you all the best life has to offer because for me, life is nothing but some torturous game being played by the forces of nature. I am just a pawn on a board, being moved around the squares of medical misery and psychological nightmare. BEFORE any of these things happened to me, I was relatively 'stable'. I wish you the best life can offer you and Good luck !!!

12/28/2010 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page