The Phoenix

Friday, January 22, 2010

Psychic Attack in Romania

I've heard of people sending positive thoughts and prayers to someone in need. But is it possible to send negative and hateful vibes to somebody?

It's called a psychic attack.

Romania's presidential race last year was a tight one, but former foreign minister and presidential candidate Mircea Geoana and his wife are claiming that he was subjected to attacks of negative energy by aides of now-President Traian Basescu during a crucial debate.

Geoana said point blank that Basescu ordered the psychic attacks against him, Mediafax news agency reported this week.

Sounds like Voodoo magic!

"During the Dec. 3 debate ... people who were working for Basescu in this domain were present to the right of the camera. ... I saw them and I know who they are," Geoana told Antena 3 television. Geoana apparently was dreadful during parts of the debate.

I wonder if they were giving him the Evil Eye.

His wife Mihaela Geoana said Saturday her husband "was very badly attacked, he couldn't concentrate."

As if that wasn't weird enough, Former President Ion Iliescu dismissed the allegations as "discussions for naive people, for uneducated people," according to Monday's edition of the daily Gandul.

Geoana aide Viorel Hrebenciuc has previously alleged there was a "violet flame" conspiracy during the campaign as well. He said Basescu dressed in purple on Thursdays to increase his chance of victory. It's well known in the New Age Movement that the violet flame is a powerful way to "cleanse your karma."

Sounds like Geoana is merely looking for a scapegoat for losing the election. At first, I didn't buy the negative psychic attack allegation, but the thought of the Romanians voting for a man in a purple suit makes me think that maybe it's possible.

Would you vote for this?


Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger cube said...

During the 1992 Winter Olympic games, I was really worried about Midori Ito winning for Japan. I jokingly told Mr. Cube that I was going to put a curse on her. Sure enough, it worked. I was as shocked as he was.

1/22/2010 12:10 PM  
Blogger Nessa said...

You've got to love a man secure enough to wear a lilac suit and pink shirt.

Only in Romania would they admit to thinking they've been psychically attacked.

Boy Meets Girl in 55

1/22/2010 2:17 PM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

Cube, Looks like you magic spell works on Japanese athletes as well.

Nessa, He wore it with power - and won the election!

1/22/2010 6:51 PM  
Blogger angel, jr. said...

Psychic attacks? There is such a thing? I hope no one can get inside my head.

1/23/2010 8:55 AM  
Blogger Perplexio said...

I wonder if Coakley is going to accuse Sam Brown of a psychic attack causing her to lose Ted Kennedy's old seat to a Republican.

I don't think he wore purple on election day though... Maybe if the state of Arizona ever elects someone from Sedona to the senate he or she would wear purple (and decorate his/her office with crystals).

1/25/2010 10:46 AM  
Blogger BrianAlt said...

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't vote for him.

But then again I haven't seen the other guy.

1/25/2010 12:45 PM  
Anonymous the weirdgirl said...

It's Barney!

Well, that proves it... definitely psychic attacks.

1/25/2010 6:31 PM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

Angel, with that halo you're protected.

Perplexio, I think the Democartic Party has psychically attacked itself.

BrianAlt, I saw a pic. He's pretty bland and a little ugly.

WG, Ha! That was my initial reaction too.

1/26/2010 12:54 PM  
Blogger delmer said...

I think a bit of Dual Action Cleanse will go further in getting rid of a person's impurities ... karma-wise and otherwise

1/26/2010 4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page


Established 2005...

Welcome to the blog that aims to examine the lighter side of science. From the paranormal to wacky inventions, to strange mysteries and goofy experiments, I cover it all. Thanks for stoping by blazingtalons.com...where science is always stranger than fiction







E-mail


To Enlighten & Entertain!

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

 Subscribe in a reader


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  • Site design by Pixie