The Phoenix

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The Ghost Baby...#4 of my spooky stories series


The following is an e-mail I received from a reader. I cannot validate her experience, but I would defintely consider this person a very intelligent, skeptical, and reliable source. She has decided to remain anonymous. The pics here are NOT from this source, but are interesting "ghost" pictures involving children. Take a close look and examine them for yourself. Enjoy!
A lot of strange things happened the year after my daughter turned three. I think her growing ability to speak coherently and her ability to "see" the things that children are willing and able to see made for one of the most interesting summers of my life.

We live in an old farmhouse, well over 100 years old. The first thing I noticed was that my daughter, when sitting on my lap, would follow something with her head and eyes, as if something were walking directly in front of her and then into another room. She would strain her head to watch whatever was crossing in front of us, even though there didn't seem to be anything in the room.

Also, she spoke of the "Grandpa" that lived upstairs. All elderly men were "Grandpas" to her, and her grandfather didn't live upstairs. I asked her if she meant her Grandpa and she said "No, the other Grandpa". Right there, heebie jeebies for me!

Then she began talking about the little girl that lives in the basement. We were sitting in the living room and she began to laugh and point in the direction of my feet. My feet are ugly, but not amusing. She looked at me and said, "The baby is going to bite you."

I asked her what she meant and she pointed to my feet again and said, "The baby is going to bite you."

I stood up, and as I did, my daughter got to her feet and ran towards the bathroom saying, "Come back, baby." She ran to the door that leads to the cellar, and then told me that the baby was in the basement.

My daughter has an active imagination, and I felt the need to question what she thought she saw and what she thought was happening. After the incident in the living room, I asked her why the baby lives in the basement and my daughter told me that the baby was scared, and misses her mommy and daddy. Ok, that's weird. So then I asked her what the baby looked like. Her answer was:

"She shines."

I slept with the lights on for the next week.

15 Comments:

Anonymous delmer said...

I understand they story teller's desire to remain anonymous.

We lived in a house that had some odd happenings. But when I tell those stories I can't help but half believe myself ... and I was there.

Good story. I got goose bumps.

10/12/2005 9:59 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

omg That story gives me the creeps...I remember seeing some show about ghosts etc and there was this one little boy , I think he was around 8 months old and every picture the parents had of him there was this bright light on the pics too and in some of the photos the boy seemed to be smiling at this light.
*Shudders*

Alas Phoenix (Thankfully) I have no supernatural experiences to email to you , but please don't haunt me :\

10/12/2005 10:31 PM  
Blogger Eve said...

Eeeeekk. Creepy! Uyyyy

10/13/2005 12:28 AM  
Anonymous SciVille said...

Whoa! Weird.

10/13/2005 3:37 AM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

My source has also told me about instances where she and her daughter would be awake in bed, and her her little girl would have conversations with "someone" that wasn't there. She giggle and talk, and look as if a physical presence was in front of her.

Also, the mother has said even to this day, she will put an object on her dresser - say a hairbrush - and then it would be gone. She KNEW she put it there, and then a few moments later, it would be right where she had left it.

One could argue this is simply forgetfulness, and I would agree if this only happened once or twice. She said it happens often enough for her to know it's not a case of her just misplacing something.

10/13/2005 6:58 AM  
Blogger Pixie said...

I would have moved out, long ago.

10/13/2005 8:05 AM  
Blogger Sherri said...

Good story. I have a few of my own. :D I should drop you an email.

10/13/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger KC said...

Oh, I would have moved out if I could as soon as those things started happening. I wonder if a real estate agent has to tell you if a house is haunted if you ask before you buy it.

10/13/2005 10:36 AM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

Sherri, Please do! That would be great.

Kim C, I know several people in real estate, and I asked that. They said per disclosure statement laws...if a murder or something like that happened in a house, the prospective buyers should know this. But a "haunting" is really tough to prove, and that would be something that wouldn't have to be disclosed.
Now, if you're buying a house that has gotten a lot of media attention and press - then an agent would have to disclose that to an unknowing/ignorant prospect.

10/13/2005 12:27 PM  
Blogger FantasticAlice said...

Ohhhh, I liked that. Gave me goose bumps! Especially the part where... the baby is going to bite you... creeeeepy!

10/13/2005 12:55 PM  
Blogger ObilonKenobi said...

ummm... ok now I'm freaked out because even though I don;t believe in ghosts. I.. Um... do believe in ghosts. Pleas take the advice of Eddie Murphy and get out of the house. Whiet people stay in the house too long. Not this white person! As soon as a demon ghost babay goes to bite my feet and then crawls into the basement my house in on MLS. I wish I had personal scary stories but I only have second-hand stories. I will try to share some but only during the day when the lights are on and lots of living people are around.

10/13/2005 2:49 PM  
Blogger Nancyrowina said...

I was spooked to heck by that, someone knocked on my door halfway through, and I didn't want to go in case it was ghost!

10/13/2005 2:51 PM  
Blogger Jillian said...

Yes that was a rather interesting story...now I want to Google 'ghost stories' and see what I come up with -- I'll e-mail you if I find anything of interest. :-)

10/13/2005 5:17 PM  
Blogger Theresa said...

::shiver:: creepy. i enjoy hearing those stories, but don't want to live through any of em!!

10/13/2005 5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so i dont believe that ghosts are ghosts, i believe they are demons so the girl might have a possesed daughter or a possesed house; however i want to let youo know that though i cant email you or whatever cuz im underage and my mom wathes me, I see demon alot and they are never things to play with. I want you to know that demons often hide in a "human" form just to draw people away from God. I get scared alot because of what I see but my Mom doesnt believe me. I'll check back on this site to see any tips you have. If I dont get a reply I'll go somewhere else.

***Remember dont try to contact any demons or whatever cuz you will call them into your life and give them power. That is NOT what you want to do. Demons wont let go of you easily oonce you let them get a hold of you***

2/24/2010 12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page


Established 2005...

Welcome to the blog that aims to examine the lighter side of science. From the paranormal to wacky inventions, to strange mysteries and goofy experiments, I cover it all. Thanks for stoping by blazingtalons.com...where science is always stranger than fiction







E-mail


To Enlighten & Entertain!

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

 Subscribe in a reader


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  • Site design by Pixie