The Phoenix

Friday, September 23, 2005

Funny Science Songs, Part Two

You might remember this one...Particle Man, by They Might Be Giants. It's off of their Flood album. Here's a funny flashplayer annimated video to this song...hit this link and then click either "view in current window" or "view in new window." Then click "play." It's funny as hell. This song is a definite classic. Enjoy!


Particle Man

Particle Man, Particle Man
Doing the things a particle can.
What's he like, it's not important
Particle Man...

Is he a dot, or is he a speck
When he's underwater, does he get wet...
Or does the water get him instead?
Nobody knows.
Particle Man...

Triangle Man, Triangle Man
Triangle Man hates Particle Man.
They have a fight, Triangle wins
Triangle Man...

Universe Man, Universe Man
Size of the entire Universe Man.
Usually kind to smaller men,Universe Man.

He's got a watch with a minute hand,
Millennium hand, and an eon hand
And when they meet it's a happy land.
Powerful man,
Universe Man...

Person Man, Person Man
Hit on the head with a frying pan.
Lives his life in a garbage can,
Person Man...

Is he depressed or is he a mess?
Does he feel totally worthless?
Who came up with Person Man?
Degraded man, Person Man...

Triangle Man, Triangle Man
Triangle man hates Person Man
They have a fight, Triangle wins.
Triangle Man...



Have a great weekend...from Phoenix Man!

10 Comments:

Blogger siren said...

I actually had that album! That song was one of my favorites.

By the way, Phoenix Man,that picture of you at the bottom is great :)

9/23/2005 3:29 PM  
Blogger opiatedsherpa said...

I've got the album too... the Tiny Toons music video for that one is an all-time classic.

Just like Istanbul (Not Constantinople).

9/23/2005 3:53 PM  
Blogger The Phoenix said...

Minimum Wage! Hi-ya!

Thanks siren, the picture actually looks just like me, although my hair doesn't stick up as much.

9/23/2005 3:55 PM  
Blogger DLAK said...

Very funny, I never heard the song before but I agree its a clasic. I love the nuke at the end. A nice way to start the weekend, thanks Phoenix.

9/24/2005 5:30 AM  
Blogger Meagan said...

Oh such a great song!

9/24/2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Jillian said...

LOL -- Thanks Phoenix, that was great. :-D

9/24/2005 7:10 PM  
Blogger Nancyrowina said...

I've never heard the song I must confess, but it made me laugh!
Thanks for your comment regarding chocolate. I read an article that said there is now proof that people who eat one or two real chocolates a day live longer up to a year longer!
So I'm not feeling to guilty about that big box I've nearly finished. [img]http://www.countingcows.de/schaem.gif[/img]

9/25/2005 10:28 AM  
Blogger Nancyrowina said...

My smileys don't work in blogger comments then, sorry about that.

9/25/2005 10:29 AM  
Blogger big left nostril said...

Read your post about "earworms". Learned a new word today, thanks!

Then read your post about TMBG's "Particle Man".

Now I have a "Particle Man" earworm.

I take back my thanks.

9/28/2005 9:04 AM  
Blogger Tito Maury said...

Hello The Phoenix, thanks for sharing this info. I've been looking everywhere to find info about funny songs to share with my readers at http://www.funnychristmassongs.org/. Your post Funny Science Songs, Part Two is great.

1/12/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page


Established 2005...

Welcome to the blog that aims to examine the lighter side of science. From the paranormal to wacky inventions, to strange mysteries and goofy experiments, I cover it all. Thanks for stoping by blazingtalons.com...where science is always stranger than fiction







E-mail


To Enlighten & Entertain!

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

 Subscribe in a reader


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  • Site design by Pixie