The Phoenix

Friday, September 09, 2005

Funny Science Songs, Part One

Isaac Asimov was a prolific science fiction writer, writing over 500 books. For example, the movie I, Robot was based on one of his novels. Apparently, Mr. Asimov also had a sense of humor. Here are the lyrics to a song he wrote called, "Clone, Clone of My Own" that is to be sung to the tune of "Home, Home on the Range."

O give me a clone of my own flesh and bone,
With its Y chromosome changed to X.
And when it is grown, then my own little clone
Will be of the opposite sex.

Chorus:
Clone, clone of my own,
With its Y chromosome changed to X
And when I'm alone with my own little clone
We'll both think of nothing but sex.

O give me a clone, hear my sorrowful moan,
Just a clone that is wholly my own.
And if it's an X of the feminine sex,
Oh what fun we will have when we're prone.

(Repeat Chorus)

My heart's not of stone, as I've frequently shown
When alone with my dear little X
And after we've dined, I am sure we will find
Better incest than Oedipus Rex.

(Repeat Chorus)

Why should such sex vex, or disturb or perplex.
Or induce a disparaging tone?
After all, don't you see, since we're both of us me.
When we're making love, I'm alone.

(Repeat Chorus)


Have a great weekend!

P.S. For those in particular parts of the country that are offended by these lyrics, my sincerest apologies and disgust.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jillian said...

Nope no offense taken, I find this to be quite humorous. ;-)

sivvaiz -- not to be confused with siwaiz :-)

9/09/2005 9:42 PM  
Anonymous Hy-Jinx said...

That's a great song. LOL!

9/10/2005 11:34 AM  
Blogger Babs RN said...

Cute.

9/12/2005 8:29 PM  
Blogger Tito Maury said...

You have a knack for writing. I read about 20 blogs a day, and skim about 30 more, so I mean it! We can all use improvement, but you certainly are better than most I've read.
I've just started a blog, about funny songs (I know, it sounds strange!) but
if you don't mind, I might drop you a line just to get a little advice. Ok?

1/12/2006 9:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Main Page


Established 2005...

Welcome to the blog that aims to examine the lighter side of science. From the paranormal to wacky inventions, to strange mysteries and goofy experiments, I cover it all. Thanks for stoping by blazingtalons.com...where science is always stranger than fiction







E-mail


To Enlighten & Entertain!

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

 Subscribe in a reader


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 License.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

  • Site design by Pixie